1. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, Entrants accept these conditions.
2. Entry is open only to Victorian residents only, aged 18 or over except directors, officers, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management and employees) of the Promoter, or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition (Entrants).
3. The competition begins on 15/02/2013 and closes at 11.59pm on 15/03/2013 (Competition Period).
4. To enter, Entrants must during the Competition Period:
(a) visit http://www.visitphillipisland.com.au (Website) and choose nine (9) attractions on the ‘link’ to the Phillip Island interactive map;
(b) to submit a Competition entry, after selecting nine (9) attractions, Entrants must follow the prompts to the Competition page on the Website and follow either or all of the following steps to be eligible to win the a prize, based on chance, on the understanding that each step below constitutes an entry to the draw:
(i) Entry 1 – complete the Entrants personal details on the official online entry form on the Website (including their full name, email, address, postcode and contact telephone number) and click on ‘submit’ to submit the completed entry form via the Website;
(ii) Entry 2 – Posting the Entrant’s perfect family getaway to Facebook via the prompts on the interactive map on the Website; and/or
(iii) Entry 3 – Posting the Entrant’s perfect family getaway to Twitter via the prompts on the interactive map.
5. Entrants may submit a maximum of three (3) single entries, (comprising of one of each type of entry outlined above), within the Competition Period, provided they comply with items 4 (a), (b) and (c) above and provided they submit their entries by no later than the closing time for a given prize period. The prize periods are as follows;
(i) Prize period one (1) commences 15/2/13 at 12:00am (AEST) and concludes on 22/2/13 at 11:59pm (AEST);
(ii) Prize period two (2) commences 23/2/13 at 12:00am (AEST) and concludes on 1/3/13 at 11:59pm (AEST);
(iii) Prize period three (3) commences 2/3/13 at 12:00am (AEST) and concludes on 8/3/13 at 11:59pm (AEST); and
(iv) Prize period four (4) commences 9/3/13 at 12:00am (AEST) and concludes on 15/3/13 at 11:59pm (AEST)
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or illegible entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, destruction or otherwise.
7. There will be four (4) weekly draws, being 1 draw per Prize Period, conducted as follows:
- 1 x Weekly prize will be drawn each Monday at 12.00 noon (AEST) from 25/2/2013 04/03/13 11/03/13 with the last weekly prize drawn on 18/3/2013.
- The first valid entry randomly drawn by computer, in each Prize Period draw will win a prize.
All draws will be conducted at the offices of the Promoter’s nominee: Merchantwise Pty Ltd, Level 1/ 266 Chapel St Prahran VIC 3183. The maximum weekly prize value is $1857.60 (inc GST).
Each of the four (4) prizes shall include a possible combination of nine (9) of the below sixteen (16) attractions:
i. Phillip Island Nature Parks Penguin Parade family admission on a family 3 parks pass value RRP$93.70 inc GST
ii. Phillip Island Nature Parks Churchill Island family admission on a family 3 parks pass value RRP$93.70 inc GST
iii. Phillip Island Nature Parks Koala Conservation Centre - family admission on a family 3 parks pass value RRP$93.70 inc GST
iv. Phillip Island Nature Parks Nobbies Centre – free admission
v. Maru Koala and Animal Park - ’All Day Family Pass’ to enjoy unlimited access all day to both the Animal Park and Pirate Pete’s Mini-Golf Valued at RRP$66 inc GST
vi. Wildlife Coast Cruises - family pass which can be used on either for the Seal watching cruise, a 2 hour coastal eco-cruise taking you in among the thousands of fur Seals at Seal Rocks. OR THE Twilight cruise offering a magical1 1/2 hr marine tour with a sunset on the sheltered Bay waters along with a fascinating cruise of the bay and its highlights valued at RRP$195 inc GST
vii. Pelican Feeding – free admission
viii. Phillip Island Helicopters – flight for up to 2 adults and 2 children Value RRP$280 inc GST
ix. Rhyll Trout and Bush Tucker Farm – ‘fish for your dish’ family pass which includes admission for 2 adults & 2 kids, 2 rods for hire, buckets, bait & fishing lessons, Lake fishing, indoor fishing to catch two rainbow trout, then our chef will fillet them and serve fresh tempura trout, chips and salad, and complimentary Bush Tucker Maps to explore the Bush Tucker Trail RRP RRP$82 inc GST
x. Hidden Shipwreck – free admission
xi. Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit – family pass to the guided circuit tour RRP $44 inc GST
xii. Phillip Island Chocolate Factory family pass to Panny’s Amazing World of Chocolate RRP $36 inc GST
xiii. A Maze ‘N’ Things family pass to Illusion Room, Puzzle Island, Maze, Mini golf and puzzle tables RRP $99.50 inc GST
xiv. Cape Woolamai Walk – free admission
xv. Rhyll Wetland Trail – free admission
xvi. Pyramid Rock Walk – free admission
8. Accommodation is also included with each of the four (4) prize packages and is subject to booking and availability. The Accommodation will be selected by the Promoter randomly from the four (4) options below, with a maximum capacity of two (2) possible allocations for each location. All accommodation packages are for two (2) adults and two (2) children and is subject to availability and black out dates.
i. The Big Wave (3.5 star) 2 night’s accommodation for 2 adults and 2 children at The Island Accommodation in a quad room with private ensuite – Value $304 inc GST; or
ii. Silverwater Resort (4.5 star) 2 night’s accommodation for 2 adults and 2 children in a 2 bedroom apartment and hot buffet breakfast daily – Value $810 inc GST; or
iii. Anchor Belle Holiday Park (4 star) 2 night’s accommodation for 2 adults and 2 children in a deluxe self contained cabin with linen and towels to main queen bed only – Value $310 inc GST; or
iv. Ramada Resort (4 star) Phillip Island 2 night’s accommodation for 2 adults and 2 children in a 3 bedroom villa – Value $460 inc GST.
All other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any costs incurred by flights, levies, surcharges, transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. Any person taking the prize that is aged under 18 years at the date of the trip must be accompanied by their parent or guardian. For the avoidance of doubt. any cost associated with accessing Facebook and/or Twitter, is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
9. There are four (4) prizes to be won during the Competition Period, one (1) per specified prize period with a maximum prize for a given prize period of $1857.60 (inc GST) from the highest possible prize combinations. The maximum prize pool for the Competition is valued at up to $7,430.40 (inc GST). This value can vary depending on the prizes chosen, listed is the highest possible value. Each entrant may only win one prize during the Competition Period.
10. The prize winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
11. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory entrant guarantees as provided under the Competition and Entrant Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under similar entrant protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage in transit to prizes.
12. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage in transit to prizes.
13. The winners will be notified in writing immediately after the relevant draw and will have their name and state/territory of residence published on the promoter’s website – www.visitphillipisland.com.au for no less than 28 days.. By entering this competition, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
14. In the event of a prize not being accepted or claimed within 3 months of the relevant draw date, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws at the same location as the original draws at noon (AEST) on 24/6/2012 as are necessary to distribute the prize, subject to any written directions given by the relevant gaming authorities, where required. The winners (if any) will be notified by mail and will have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Promoter’s website – www.visitphillipisland.com.au. For no less than 28 days.
15. The Promoter may require winners to provide proof of age, proof of residency and proof of identity. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
16. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
17. All prizes must be taken by 15/9/2013.
18. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. In the event for any reason a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the relevant gaming authorities, where required.
19. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant gaming authorities, where required.
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, Entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
21. All entries will be the property of the Promoter. The information Entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this competition. The Promoter may disclose Entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with Entrants. If the entrant has marked the “opt-in” box on the entry form, the entrant consents to the storage of their personal information on the Promoter’s database and the Promoter may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding the Promoter’s products including contacting the entrant via electronic messaging. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting the Promoter at the address below.
22. The Promoter is Phillip Island Nature Park Board of Management Inc, ABN 88 940 950 118, 1019 Ventnor Road, Summerlands VIC 3922.
23. Authorised under VIC Permit Number 12/3438